Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Peninsula

Welcome back!  Here is another hotel review for today.  I attended a conference last week and the sponsor booked us for a night at The Peninsula.  I have attended multiple weddings at The Peninsula, but this was my first time to stay in one of their rooms.  Here's my room...
Bed
Office area
TV and bar
View from my room window
Bathroom sink
Bath tub
I failed to get a good picture of the shower area and the water closet.  The room was roomy (sorry for the pun) and the bathroom size was just right.  I didn't expect much from the hotel since I know that The Peninsula has been standing on the same ground ever since I can remember.  My mom used to work in Jupiter street and we would always pass by the hotel when we get the chance to pick her up from work.  I vividly remember the nice water feature/fountain in the corner of Makati Ave. and Ayala Ave.  Surpisingly, the rooms were well appointed and did not look old.  It actually was semi-modern (if there's such a thing...the decor was a cross between traditional and modern).  The room did not feel old or look old.  I actually liked the room.

My stay also included free breakfast buffet.  The buffet was not bad but I've had better.  Nothing beats my favorite Heat (buffet breakfast of Shangri-la Edsa Hotel).  The array for the breakfast buffet was limited but you won't go hungry.

All in all, I had a good stay in The Peninsula Manila.  The best part about my stay was that I had the chance to buy a very nice pair of earrings from one of their jewelry stores.  I'll blog about it next time.

Thanks for dropping by!  Leaving you with my requisite hallway picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment