Thursday, June 13, 2013

Madeleine Wickham

Hi everyone!  I've been gone so long...busy, busy.  Anyways, let me just share to you 2 books that I have read recently.  These are...

I know these books have been published a few years back, but it was only a month ago that I stumbled upon these books.  These are actually my sister's books.  She is an avid and voracious reader.  So, I snuck in her room and got these 2.  I'm sure she's read them, but I couldn't ask because I'll be discovered (she'll discover that I "nenocked" aka stole/borrowed these books).

Let's start with the first book, A Desirable Residence.  There are many subplots in the story but the main one is about a family who were supposed to sell their house but got into another arrangement.  There are other characters that come into the picture and all of them are inter-connected to each other.  It would be hard to believe the consequences and the inter-"connectedness" of one another in this story.  But maybe this really happens in a small place where people know each other.  Anyways, it's a good read but not really a great one.  It gets boring from time to time and the ending leaves much to be desired.

As for the second book, Sleeping Arrangements, the story line is plausible but hard to believe.  As in Philippine movies, there's too much coincidence.  But unlike Philippine movies, the ending is what it should be.  This book is a good read and kept me intrested the whole time I was reading it.

All in all, these 2 books are easy reads.  I recommend these books especially for those who have time on their hands and would like to read something light and funny (books to read when you are: waiting for your turn at the doctor's office, waiting in the airport, or any other forms of waiting).

That's it for now.  I'll be posting/blogging about a recent trip to Hong Kong in the next few days (hopefully, if I have time).  Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment