Friday, July 19, 2013

Jinu Hair Salon

Good news to those who live in the South.  I have finally found the best hair stylist evuh!  Here's the story...(sorry, no actual pictures for today's post...too shy to take pictures of the salon and my new hair style...Hihihi)...

I took a day off from work yesterday to do something drastic to my hair.  I have always had straight hair.  So, yesterday, I wanted to try something different.  I wanted to try being a curly-haired girl.  Off I went to the internet, to search for the best digital perm salon in Alabang.  And so, Google introduced me to Jinu Hair Salon.  It was the first entry in my Google search list.  I actually have read about this salon previously (in Southern Living magazine) but forgot about the details of the salon.  I scanned through the list and clicked on some sites.  All of them claim that Sam, the lone hair stylist of Jinu Salon is a miracle hair worker.  I was convinced with their stories, so I booked an appointment.

The salon looked like one of my neighborhood salons, back in the day.  The decor did not have a theme and it was pretty much simple.  Chairs with mirrors in front and a waiting area.  The salon looked a bit dated but I had high hopes with regards to the hair stylist.

My appointment was at 2 pm but I had to wait a few minutes since Sam was still busy with a client.  When it was my turn to sit down on the chair, I immediately proceeded with telling Sam what I want for my hair.  I told him that I want digital perm with loose curls only if it's wash and wear.  I really don't have time to dry my hair in the morning.  I usually take a shower then rush out of the house with towel-dried (aka wet) hair.  He said that the curls can be air-dried and fuss-free.  He told me what he planned to do with my hair.  He trimmed a little bit and proceeded with the digital perm process.

For those of you have not undergone digital perm, it's actually a very short procedure.  The perming itself (the curl holders are attached to a machine) only took 20 minutes.  The long part is the putting on the chemical (around 30 minutes) and the rinsing of the hair (they shampooed my hair after the haircut, after putting on the chemical and after the digital perm process...my hair got shampooed 3 times!).

And the end result?  Perfection!  I have never seen my hair so alive and bouncy!  I really liked what Sam did to my hair.  He said that I can wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner the very next day.  I don't need a comb/brush to fix my hair.  I just put a lotion-like liquid (like a leave-on conditioner) after taking a bath and just twist the hair...easy peasy.

It has been 2 days since the perming process.  My curls are the same as when I left the salon.  My hairstyle is still wash and wear...although I wash my hair at night and put on the leave-on liquid in the morning and twist the curls.

The verdict?  I highly recommend everyone to try Jinu Hair Salon located at MSA Prime Building, Prime Street, Madrigal Business Park, Alabang, Muntinlupa (in front of CCF and at the back of Citibank Alabang-Zapote Road).  Make an appointment though, because there's only 1 super hair stylist (Sam).  You may call them at (02) 6597242.

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment