Saturday, July 13, 2013

Kanin Club


Hi guys!  What's for dinner tonight?  Kanin Club!  I've always liked eating at Kanin Club.  This resto serves Filipino cuisine with a twist.  It's comfort food in a different presentation.  Take this for example... 
Sinigang Rice
The sinigang rice actually takes like sinigang soup with rice.  Look at that piece of meat (well, mostly fat though).  It's yummy!  The kangkong leaves and okra were reinvented to become fried beings (taking the form of tempura).

Ensaladang Talong
The ensaladang talong is okay but needs a little bit more flavor.

Spicy Tahong
This spicy tahong dish brings back memories of Thailand.  This dish actually tastes a bit like a cross between kare-kare and curry.  It's delicious!

I forgot to take a picture of Crispy Tenga (fried and crispy pig's ears).  I didn't like it that much since it was a little hard to eat.  It was not that crispy.

And for dessert...

Turon Kanin Club Ala Mode
We had Turon (banana fritters) with vanilla ice cream.  The turon was actually fully packed.  The usual turon just has bananas and jackfruit inside.  But these had young coconut, purple yam and red beans inside.  It's like halo-halo in turn.  This is also good.

All in all, I had a great and sumptuous dinner.  All the food were consumed by me and my companion. The total bill was P 989.28...which was not bad for the amount of food that was served.  I recommend Kanin Club restaurant if you are craving for Pinoy dishes.  It's good and bang-for-your-buck.

That's it for now.  I hope to keep on blogging despite my very busy schedule.  I'll tell you all about the project that has kept me busy next time.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment