Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mango.com 2

Guess what came in the mail today (well, actually, it came last Thursday)?  My Mango.com order!  Yipee!  This is my second time to order at Mango.com (read about my first experience here).  I had a pleasant experience in the first one, so I thought I might as well try it again.  I ordered last March 1, 2013 and paid for my purchases on the same day (thru credit card).  I got my stuff March 7, 2013.  It was a hassle-free transaction.  I know we have lots of Mango shops here in the Philippines, but I really like the thrill of getting stuff via mail.  So, here it is, my Mango.com loot...

The box
All the contents
I got 12 items from their online store.  My total was a little more than Php 6000 (minimum of Php 6000 to get free shipping).  I mostly got shirts and dresses, and all items were from the sale list.  All of them fit me quite well.  The only problem was the 2 belts that I got that didn't fit me.  I have a 28-inch waistline, and apparently, a medium is too big for me.  The belts were too large for me and I can't make a new hole because of their materials and designs.  I can actually return or exchange the items that I don't like (they gave me instructions to send items to their office in Bicutan), however, I don't want the hassle.  I'll just give away the belts as gifts.

The 2 dresses I got were size small.  They fit me like a glove.  I now know my true size in Mango (in my first shopping experience, I got medium sizes...it was a little too big, but I can work with it...I just need a belt...but 1 dress I had to give to my sister...she fits better in it).  The cream shirt dress was of good quality.  For Php 695, I think it's a good deal.  It says in the list Mango gave me that 98% of the dress is made of cotton while 2% is elastane.  The style is actually not fashion-forward, but I see myself wearing this piece multiple times for work and for casual days.


This brown wool dress is soft and the material is thin.  It is actually see-through, so I plan to wear it with a slip underneath.  This dress is composed of 50% wool and 50% acrylic.  Again, another fashion-safe dress...I think this will also be a staple in my wardrobe.

Next up, the shirts.  I think one can never have enough shirts.  Hi hi hi...The material of the shirts are flimsy.  It's very sheer.  According to the list, the shirts are made of 100% cotton.  For Php 295, I'll take it.


The sleeveless shirt is made of 100% linen (photo below).  Again, the material is sheer and the it is a tad big for me (even if the size is small).  But I can work with this.  I'll just wear a camisole underneath or maybe do a little bit of layering once the weather permits.  As for the long-sleeved shirt, it is made of 100% cotton and the color is a soft lilac (photo below).  I love the softness and the style of this shirt.  It will again be another staple in my closet.  However, the down-side with the lilac shirt is that there is no buttonhole in one of the straps that holds it up when you fold it.  I have a sewing machine with button-holer function...maybe it's a sign that I should learn how to use it.  I'll probably blog about that experience.  Stay tuned.  :-)

Linen sleeveless shirt
Long-sleeved shirt
Last of the shirts is this red and gray t-shirt.  The sleeves are folded and comes at 3/4 my arm.  It is made of 100% viscose.  The material is thin, hence it doesn't make you hot/warm when you wear it.  This is perfect even for our tropical weather.


The last of the clothing I bought was this navy blue pencil skirt.  The composition is 97% cotton and 3% elastane and it comes with a thin black belt.  It comes up above the knee.  I see myself wearing this during casual Fridays at work...and during Saturdays too (I work on Saturdays <insert sad face>).  The material of both the skirt and the belt are of good quality.  And for Php 695, I think it's a steal.


Finally, the accessories.  I bought 2 pieces of foulard.  I know we don't get to use it often here in the Philippines, but I think it's a good thing to have around.  These scarves are actually sheer and of thin material.  The list says that both foulards are 100% modal.  A quick Google search reveals that modal is a type of rayon.  These scarves are smooth and soft.  I'll probably use these when I travel, to combat the cold air conditioning inside airports and airplanes or when I watch a movie (you know how cold the movie house gets).


And the least favorite of my haul (just because I can't wear them)...the belts.  I love these belts, but alas, I can't wear them.  They are too big for me.  Well, my loss will be somebody else's gain as I plan to give these as gifts to those who will be able to wear it.


All in all, I was pleased with my Mango.com haul.  I can't wait to wear/use all of these.  I actually used the cream dress already and so far, so good.  It didn't cause any problems for me.

Well, that's it for now.  I hope to show you how these clothes fit me.  Maybe in another blog post.

Thanks for dropping by!  I hope to talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment