Monday, March 18, 2013

StriVectin

Hi everyone!  Let me share with you my StriVectin experience.  I purchased this StriVectin set via strawberrynet.com.  I was doing a search on good anti-aging creams and I chanced upon the StriVectin line.  Apparently, StriVectin was formulated to remove stretch marks, however, they found out that it has anti-wrinkle properties.  I was intrigued with the product, so I tried searching online on where I could buy it.  StriVectin is available in Rustan's stores.  I immediately went to my nearest Rustan's store (Alabang branch) and asked for it.  Poor me, the StriVectin products were being pulled out of their store (that day, no less!).  But they told me that it is still available in Rustan's Makati.  Buhooo, I don't want to go to Makati...I'm allergic to traffic.  :-(  So, I ended up ordering from strawberry net.com.

The purchase from the strawberrynet website was straightforward.  The problem is, I have to get the product from the post office and pay additional taxes.  That was a huge turn-off.  But, I had to try StriVectin, so I grudgingly complied with these set-backs.  So, anyways, I was able to get my StriVectin products last January 3, 2013.  So, since January 3, 2013, I had been using the product daily, once or twice a day (mostly once a day).  After using it for 2.5 months, here is my verdict.

The set consists of the following: (1) night serum (17.75 ml); (2) eye cream (15 ml); and (3) stretch marks remover that is good for face and body (50 ml).  I paid around P 5,000 for product (free shipping) and taxes.  I still have a small amount of eye cream and maybe more than 1/4 amount of the stretch marks remover left.  So, bottom line is, the product is cost-effective.  It lasts for a long time.  But does it really deliver what it claims to do?


Let it me break it down to you product by product.
1. Let's start with the Overnight facial resurfacing serum.  

According to the press release: "It is a multi-tasking, renewal serum that works overnight while you sleep to gently dissolve surface imperfections, minimize the appearance of large pores, even skin tone and improve the overall health of the skin for a smoother, younger-looking, more vibrant complexion."

My verdict: First off, I didn't seem to notice any changes in my skin after 2.5 months of using this product.  Secondly, by the end of my use (which was consumption of 7/8 of the serum), the glass dropper that came with it broke (it fell off the dropper bulb and shattered on the sink).  For me, this product did not deliver what it was supposed to do, based on their press release.  I will not purchase this product again.

2. Eye cream

According to the press release: "It is a multi-dimensional eye cream targeting crow's feet, dark circles and puffiness around the eyes."

My verdict: I'm 33 years old and I have a little bit of crow's feet in the sides of my eyes.  I also have allergic rhinitis, hence my allergic shiner (black circles under my eyes...not really eye bags but more of the dark circles).  Even if I sleep early or take in lots of fluids, these little buggers (dark circles/allergic shiners) will not budge.  This product did not reduce my crow's feet (not even minimally decrease it), but it did in fact slightly lighten the dark circles under my eyes.  I really have high hopes for StriVectin, but alas, I will not buy this product again.

3. SD Stretch Marks Remover

According to the press release: "Supercharged wrinkle fighter with hydrating properties dramatically diminishes the appearance of wrinkles, from fine lines to deep creases (stretch marks, too!)

My verdict: I have stretch marks in my thighs.  Ugly white stretch marks that look like worms.  After 2.5 months of using the StriVectin SD stretch marks remover, I'm sorry to say that it did not really work.  Not even one tiny bit.  My stretch marks look the same as before I used this product.  As with all the other StriVectin products that I tried, this is also an epic fail.  Haaaay...

FINAL VERDICT for StriVectin: I will not use this again.  I'm thinking of buying something from Dermalogica because I have read good reviews on the web and it is easy for me to purchase (it's available in the Rustan's Department Store near my residence).  My only requirement is that it should have retinyl palmitate, retinol or something along that line.  According to my dermatologist friends, the only true anti-wrinkle substance is one that has tretinoin or its derivatives in it.  My skin can't tolerate tretinoin even the smallest dose given on alternate days.  So, I'll settle with anti-wrinkle products that has retinol or the lower forms of tretinoin.

As for stretch marks, I'll live with it.  I won't stress about those white wormy lines anymore.  I love me for me...the goal is just to try to preserve the "me" I love.  He he he. ;-)

I'll update you next time once I have tried the Dermalogica product I will buy.  I'll have to try it for 1-2 months before I give my verdict.

Thanks for dropping by!  Talk to you later.  Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment