Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas gifts 2012

It's Christmas time once again.  It's the time of the year when all traffic gets jammed, parties abound, and gifts are shared to everyone.  I just finished my Christmas shopping.  Whew!  What about you? Half of my presents were bought online and half were bought during the past 4-6 months (that's how early I shop for Christmas...beats the Christmas rush).

The past few days have been very busy.  I was busy with organizing, wrapping and labeling the gifts to be given starting tomorrow.  I have too many people to give presents to in my line of work.  Including family, friends and co-workers, the total for all their gifts is a staggering 162.  I asked the help of 2 other people to complete my wrapping and labeling of the gifts.  Now the next step is delivering the gifts to them.  And for that, I need my car.  My car now looks like Santa's sleigh.

Front passenger's foot area (filled with gifts and wines for giving)
The trunk of my car.
Still more gifts at the back of the car

Gifts...gifts...gifts!

For this year, I bought half of my gifts from Human Nature.  I really like their products and what their company believes in.  They are pro-poor, pro-Philippines and pro-environment.  I want to spread their advocacies, hence the gift packs from them.  Besides, their price range is just right.  For next year, I'm thinking of buying from Messy Bessy, another environment-friendly line that's made in the Philippines.
Half of my presents came from Human Nature


To depart from the usual run-of-the-mill Christmas wrapping paper, I decided to buy a few packs of pattern paper (manila paper with pin-stripes) to use as wrapping paper.  A roll of thick red ribbon did the trick in making the paper become Christmas-y.

Pattern paper, roll of shiny red ribbon and tape
The finsihed product
For shirts and other items that cannot be wrapped without a box, I just bought a couple of colored boxes from National Bookstore and just tied a ribbon around it.




These are the things that have kept me busy for the past few days (well, aside from work).  I hope you're enjoying the Christmas season so far.  Talk to you guys later.  Thank you very much for reading!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in advance...Happy holidays and Season's greetings too!

No comments:

Post a Comment