Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Royal Dragon

This is the last of my posts from my Hanoi-Bangkok trip.  This is The Royal Dragon restaurant.  This is the world's largest restaurant as certified by the Guinnes Book of Records.  It has a seating capacity of 5000 and a staff of 1200 in an area of 8.35 acres.  Whoa!  That's huge.

Pagoda-like seating area
The pond in the middle of the restaurant.

Now, let's talk about the food.  As in all food in Bangkok, the items served to us were all very yummy!  I love Bangkok not only for its shopping but for its food as well.  I believe, with all my heart (drama!), that all food in Bangkok are very good.  I can eat anywhere and still love the food.

For that day, here was what they served us (all of which I really enjoyed eating)...

Pad Thai
Chicken Pandan
The Pad Thai was not spicy.  You can really taste the spices that were put in it.  As for the Chicken Pandan, it was also not spicy.  It was good and crunchy.

The very spicy Tom Yum Soup...like it!
Stewed Kangkong
The Tom Yum soup was spicy.  I love spicy food, so I really liked this one.  The vegetable dish was stewed kangkong in oyster sauce.  Another good dish and not spicy.

Crab dish
Shrimps...don't be scared by the chilies, it's not that spicy.
Now for the other dishes...the crab dish was yummy!  I think the crab sauce is made up of coconut milk.  As for the shrimps, it was fried in a batter and placed in a sizzling plate with a sauce full of red and green chilies.  This dish was also yummy and a little spicy.
Fried calamares
Fried Fish
We also had fried calamaers and fried fish.  The squid was tender and not chewy, the batter was just right.  The fish was crunchy on the outside but the fish meat inside was soft.  Again, the dishes were all tasty.

And if you are still not satisfied with the spiciness of some of the food, then help yourself to some chilies.  I actually made use of the chili sauce (on the right) for the fried calamares and fried fish.  But, I made sure to take my antacid before adding more spice...he he he.

Chilies...prepare your antacid
They also served a lobster dish but I wasn't able to take a picture of it.  The lobster meat was put in with some sort of fruit salad with mayo dressing.  It was good as well.

All in all, I'm sure you would guess my verdict on this restaurant.  The food was A+.  Definitely try The Royal Dragon Restaurant.  Yum, yum, yummy!

That's it for today.  Thank you for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment