Friday, May 3, 2013

Hossein's

Hi i guys!  Here's another what's for dinner post.  A few days back, I went out for dinner and a movie.  I decided to try Hossein's.  It's a Persian Kebab restaurant.  The interiors really takes you to another place (I haven't been to the mediterranean area...maybe this is how it looks like?).


There were only 2 of us, so we decided to order the Chelou beef shish kebab and the Chicken Masala.  The service was quick, although the food that came out of the kitchen was not hot.  It was not even warm, come to think of it.  Here are the dishes as they were served to us.

Chicken Masala
Chelou Beef Shish Kebab

The presentation was lacking.  Each dish was around P400-500 and I expected to be served a more appetizing dish. 


The beef kebab was tasty but the beef was tough.  Yikes!  I expected more from Hossein's, but sadly, I was disappointed.  The saffron rice was good though.


The saving grace of this whole meal is the Chicken Masala.  This curry is good.  It was a little bit spicy which I really liked.

All in all, I would have wanted my first dining experience at Hossein's to be more pleasurable.  But alas, their specialty (the beef kebab) did not cut it for me.  I don't know if I'll give this restaurant another shot.  Maybe order another of their specialties...maybe redeem their stand in my book?  I don't know if it's just me, but the next day that I passed by the restaurant, it was packed with foreigners.  Maybe I'll give it another try next time.

That's it for today.  Hope to give you more reviews on real products and real experiences next time.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment