Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Abe

Welcome back!  Tonight I had a work-related dinner at Abe Restaurant.   Abe is a restaurant that serves Filipino food.  According to their website, Abe serves Filipino food with a strong Capampangan accent (Capampangan/Kapampangan – people/cuisine/language of the province of Pampanga and nearby provinces).  They have branches all over the Manila (Serendra, Mall of Asia, Trinoma, and Alabang Town Center).

Picture from their website.

 I ordered their Kamias shake.  It was very refreshing.  The drink was not sour at all.  They also have other shakes such as Sampaloc (Tamarind), and Dalandan (Citrus aurantium).  I have tried their Sampaloc shake before and it was also good.














The set menu included the following:

Sauteed shrimp


Chicharon (Fried Crunchy Pork skins)

Pinakbet..well I think it was pinakbet

Binukadkad na Plapla (Fried Fish)

We also had Kare-kare (beef in peanut sauce), Sinigang na isda sa bayabas (Sour fish stew with guavas), Gambas, Baby squid, and Knock-out Knuckles (Fried Pork Knuckles).  For dessert, we had Sans Rival Cake.  I'm not sure if it's part of their menu or someone from our group brought it in (one of the persons present had her birthday a few days ago).

I especially liked the Pinakbet.  The green leafy vegetables were I think talbos ng kamote (leaves of the sweet potato plant).  It was a nice alternative for kangkong (water spinach).  I like the food of Abe.  It's comfort food for me.

The interiors are nice and the servers are helpful.  The restaurant is between fine dining and fast food.  So, the price is also in-between that range.

All in all, I had a great time in Abe.  The dinner was good.  I'll be returning to this restuarant, maybe after 3-6 months.  Unless, of course a free dinner comes my way, then I'll be glad to return earlier.  :-)

I'll see you next time.  Thank you very much for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment