Friday, October 26, 2012

Kenny Rogers Roasters

What's for dinner tonight? It's Kenny Rogers Roasters. We are going to watch a movie in a few hours and we only have a litlle over an hour to eat our dinner. I have been craving for thin crust pizza from Shakeys' but the line was too long. So, we opted for the next fast food resto beside Shakey's, which was Kenny Rogers Roasters.

My first memory of eating at Kenny Rogers Roaster was when I was around 12 years old. I loved how their chicken was moist and soft and the side dishes were really yummy.

However, I have noticed that as the years went by, their chicken taste seems to have changed. I assume they still cook it the way they used to (since they still have their window display of a big roaster with chicken being cooked). Maybe it's the time from roaster-to-plate that makes a difference. Since they have lots of customers, maybe they cook the chicken way ahead of time and it sits in the carvery area for a long period of time. That's just my opinion.

Anyways, for tonight, I ordered their original roast chicken. I got the breast part. The chicken was a little dry and it was not as yummy as I have had it previously. The white rice that comes with it was dry too. The saving grace of the platter was the mac and cheese side dish and the corn muffin. I wasn't satisfied with my dinner tonight. :-(

Original roast chicken with rice, mac and cheese and corn muffin
My companion ordered the spicy roast chicken. I tasted a little of it and boy, it was really SPICY! Well, at least 1 of us had a good dinner.

Spicy roast chicken, rice, macaroni salad, and corn muffin
And my other companion had fried chicken.  Again, I tasted a little of the fried chicken, and I must say, I've had better (my all-time favorite fried chicken is from Mc Donald's - I'm weird like that).

Fried chicken, rice, mashed potatoes, and corn muffin
That's it for today. Off to see a movie. Until next time. Thank you so much for dropping by! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment