Sunday, November 25, 2012

EDSA Shangri-la


Hello everyone!  I attended another business event last Friday and I was booked at the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel.  I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past and I find EDSA Shang a nice hotel to stay in.  The best part about staying in hotels for business events is the fact that you get to stay in a hotel for free.  Now, that's a huge plus for me.  :-)

For the past few times I have stayed at EDSA Shangri-la, I was booked in the garden wing rooms of the hotel.  I think the rooms on that wing are newer than the rooms in the original building.  I stayed at a room on the 5th floor of the main building last Friday, and it seemed to me that the room I stayed in needed to be upgraded.

Here are some pictures I took...
A new feature is a touch pad where you sign for check-in.  I think this is a good way to be environment-friendly...less paper usage.
The king-size bed.  The space in front of the bed is narrow, hence the not so-full view.  I can't back up to get a bigger picture.



You can see me in the reflection of the mirror.  Surprise!  ;-)


The photo on the right is the view from my hotel room window.



Don't you think it needs an upgrade?  Well, according to the General Manager, they will indeed do renovations on this part of the hotel.


What I like about EDSA Shangri-la is that you feel extremely welcome and taken cared of once you step on their property.  The staff are courteous and respectful.  The buffet breakfast in Heat is amazing!  The food selection is overwhelming.  Even if you stay for 3 or more days in the hotel, you would still find something new to eat each day.

One down-side is that their pool is not heated.  Maybe this is because we live in a tropical country and most of the time the weather is hot, hence they thought a heated pool is not needed?  But, during the colder months, I would still prefer to swim in a pool with lukewarm water.

Anyways, I would recommend EDSA Shangri-la Hotel because of its service, amenities and its prime location.  Being near shopping malls, churches, and restaurants make it a good place to stay.  Maybe in the future, I would try the Chi, their spa.

That's it for now.  I'll talk to you guys soon.  Thank you very much for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment