Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sally Hansen Nail Polish

I have a secret to share...I have a deformity.  One of my big toe nail is cracked. I've had this deformity ever since I can remember. My mother said that I got it when I was 2 years old. My toe nail got crushed under the feet of a rocking chair. I believe it will forever be cracked since the nail bed has been damaged already. Even new nail that grows from it remains cracked.

When I was young, I used to think my cracked toe nail was normal. Meaning, all people had 1 cracked toe nail. But when I saw my mom putting on nail polish on her or nails, and I saw that she doesn't have 1 cracked toe nail, I began to check other people's toes. And lo and behold, everyone else had normal un-cracked toe nails. So, I got conscious of my deformity. I refrained from wearing open-toe shoes/sandals because I wanted to hide my cracked big toe. When I grew older, I began putting nail polish on my toe nails to hide it. And so my relationship with nail polish began.

In the beginning, I polish my own toe nails with cheap nail polish. Those were the only ones I could afford. Then eventually, I began going to salons to have my pedicure done. It was getting expensive, so I tried home service spas.  The problem with home service spa is that they employ cheap nail polish that  cracks easily or gets chipped off in a matter of a few days.  Also, I cannot control how the pedicure technician removes my cuticle and how they shape my nails.  I have also experienced cracked nails because of their manicure/pedicure techniques.  Back to the drawing board.  I wanted to do my own nails again.

Hence, my forage into Sally Hansen nail polish. They are priced in the mid-range (each bottle costs around 250 Php).  I think they give you bang-for-your-buck.  The nail polish lasts a long time, so each bottle can probably last you for more than 1 year (well, at least for me).  Now, I use the Sally Hansen Double Duty strengthening top and base coat as well as the Xtreme Wear Nail Polish. I like them a lot.
Left - Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Ice Coffee; Middle - Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Bamboo Shoot; Right - Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat


The squarish brush makes it easy for color application. The consistency of the nail polish is also great. It doesn't get sticky, unlike its cheaper counterparts and it glides on smoothly on your nails. With the strengthening top and base coat, your nails are actually strengthened.  No more cracked nails for me (well, except for my original, one and only cracked big toe nail).  The Xtreme Wear nail color also lives up to its name.  I have worn this nail color for 1 month with minimal chipping.  Galing!

Applicator Tip of Ice Coffee
Applicator Tip of Top and Base Coat
I presently have 2 colors and I'm thinking of adding more to my collection. Maybe a bright red or a deep red. But definitely something on the opaque side since I need to cover-up my cracked toe. I'll let you know what I decide to get in future blog post.
This is as real as you can get.  This is my actual finger nail with Ice Coffee.  I can't share with you my toe nails because I'm shy.  ;-)

Thanks for reading! Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment